Re: fibusql bugs [was: massfiling]

Hi Sean!

On 2004-04-19  7:42 -0400, sean finney wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:14:22AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > No, I don't echo anything into httpd.conf, I just grep this file for
> > an existing Alias and if it is not there, I echo an Alias to
> > conf.d/fibusql. So I guess that this report was a false positive :-)
>
> what if the user disables it or removes the file?

He can do so. The postrm only removes the file if it contains nothing
but the Alias, otherwise it is preserved.

> instead of echoing,
> wouldn't listing the file as a conffile be a little more flexible in
> this respect?

AFAIK when listing it as a conffile, it had to be present in the deb
and thus would be installed unconditionally. But since previous
fibusql versions had to be configured manually in httpd.conf (there
was no conf.d/), I don't want to install the conffile for upgrading
users.

Since this seems to cause a lot of questions and confusion, is there
something like a 'Debian web applications packaging howto"? When
looking at the bug list of the original post, it seems necessary.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org