Re: 32 or 64 bits for the end user.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 03:46:02AM -0400, Robert Isaac wrote:
> > That doesn't seem relevant to whether 32 or 64bit works with flash.
> > That's just a problem with the flash plugin in general.
>
> Not really, Debian's security support for flash is often lacking.
> If users are lucky there will be a backport available, if not
> then they are on their own.
>
> > Same package and version exists in stable.
>
> Will that be the case in 6 months time?  Of course not.

No, of course not.  But that's a general problem with Linux, not a specific
to 64-bit.  I think we're all looking forward to the gradual demise of Flash in
favour of something that's actually a standard.  Or at least to something where
the client implementations keep up with the servers.  Because that's one of the
problems with Flash -- that people with servers unnecessarily rush to update to
the latest version, leaving the Linux clients in the dist.

-- hendrik