Re: Laptop advice

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 09:58:18AM -0700, Joerg Bashir wrote:
> 1440x1050 is a nice crisp resolution on a T61.

I saw a thinkpad with a 1600x1200 about 5 years ago.  Now that was a
screen.  IBM's sales people tried to talk them out of getting that one
because they had a lot of difficulties getting those screens at the
time and they would rather sell something they had in stock.

> Atheros is even better than intel imho.  It allows for more tricks
> with airsnort and friends.

Many atheros chips also aren't supported, or at least weren't last time
I tried to get one of those working.

> And thinkwiki.org if you are considering thinkpads. The x61 is quite
> cheap and light.

A thinkpad that's cheap?  I didn't think that was ever possible.  They
are quite nice in general though.

--
Len Sorensen