Re: Re: Installer error: Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -tproc proc /proc

I independently encountered this same error. And coincidentally, I also
encountered it trying to do
both a RAID install and a non-RAID install (though my RAID
configuration was different). I also
encountered it using both the testing/etch amd64 beta2 businesscard
image and the
testing/etch amd64 daily businesscard image. I used the
debian.csail.mit.edu mirror. (When I used the mirror at arizona.edu it
was broken worse: it couldn't find packages like dselect and dpkg.)

I can't do a Sarge installl and dist-upgrade from there because Sarge
doesn't have the needed drivers. (My machine is an SN25P. I tried Sarge
amd64 with the 31r0a businesscard installer but it can't configure the
ethernet as I believe that it is missing the nVidia CK804 Ethernet
Controller
driver.)

I didn't write down or save the installl logs for the above error. I
currently have etch i386 installed but I would much prefer to have etch
amd64 installed. If it would help anybody debug the problem, I would be
willing to wipe away my i386 install, do an amd64 install just to get
the install logs, and then
reinstall i386 until amd64 is fixed. But I'd like to do that only if it
would really help the developers
fix this issue. If someone already knows the cause of the problem, then
there is no need for me to
go through the effort of install/reinstall.

Thanks in advance and let me know,
Jeff (qobi@purdue.edu)