Re: ia32-libs vs. ia32 chroot

Phil Warrick wrote:
> I'm going with the chroot approach then.
>
> Following the AMD64 HOWTO in section "Running applications inside the
> chroot",  I followed the instructions and then I wanted to try to run a
> 32-bit program.
>
> First I wanted to try to run some X-based program so I tried openoffice,
> which was not yet installed.  When I tried to install it in the chroot,
> I got the following errors below.
> [...]
> Can someone indicate what might be wrong?  I'm using kernel
> 2.6.8-9-amd-k8-smp on a dual Opteron system.

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list file *in the chroot* and make sure it
can get to the 32-bit archive.  Make sure that 'apt-get update' works
in the chroot.  It looks to me like apt has no package lists at all.

If you have 'dchroot' configured you can run the commands like this:

  dchroot editor /etc/apt/sources.list

  dchroot apt-get update
  dchroot apt-get install openoffice.org

Bob