Re: Nvidia for amd64

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 05:30 +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I would like to contribute some updated nvidia-graphics-drivers
> packages (1.0-6629) for amd64. This stuff is based upon
> Randall's packages for i386 and the changes done by Markus
> Benning a few months ago.

I am completely in favor of Debian packages for this stuff, espcially
since the 6111 driver did not install on Debian/amd64, but by the way
I'll point out that the 6629 driver installs and runs perfectly* on my
amd64 system with GeforceFX card.  So it seems NVidia are making some
progress, no surprise given their recent statement that 20% of their
wkstn shipments are for Linux, and undoubtedly many of those are going
in Opteron machines.

-jwb

* Actually I had to set CC=gcc-3.4 in the environment before installing.