Re: autofs package

Cool.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks.

Bob Proulx wrote:
Richard Wohlstadter wrote:

I installed amd64 of a few of our blades a month ago and noticed at that time the autofs packages were still broken(needed a header change to work with 64bit). I compiled autofs seperately outside of the dpkg system and moved on. Just wondering if this has been corrected yet since I'd rather have everything under dpkg management if possible.

Hmm...  Not terribly long ago the version in sid was still the 3.9.99
version.  That version suffered from the 64-bit problems you
described.  But recently it has been updated for all architectures to
4.1.3.  That should have the fixed version from upstream.

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/autofs.html

I also had a locally fixed version of autofs on my 64-bit system.
Because of your note and the fact that I looked and use autofs it
prompted me to upgrade to the newer 4.1.3 version.  I tested it just
briefly and it seemed to work fine for me.  So to answer your question
it looks like it is all fixed now.

Bob