Re: VMware errrors.

On Fri, 2004-11-05 09:22:41 -0600, A. P. Kennedy <spamtree@comcast.net>
wrote in message <[🔎] 877jp0mibi.fsf@spamtree.comcast.net>:
>  Jan-Benedict> On Thu, 2004-11-04 18:03:35 -0600, A. P. Kennedy
>  Jan-Benedict> <spamtree@comcast.net> wrote in message
>  Jan-Benedict> <[🔎] 87pt2t17s8.fsf@spamtree.comcast.net>:
>  >> kernel is 2.6.8.1 and all needed debs to support vmware are
>  >> installed in my chroot directory, and the correct lib directories
>  >> are placed in /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> ln -s /ia32/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/* /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib
>
> This will work also for folks that don't have chroot installed.
>
> dpkg -X libgdk-pixbuf2_0.22.0-7_i386.deb /emul/ia32-linux
> ln -s /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/* /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib

Erm, this doesn't really count as being "properly installed"...

> Interesting I tried using chroot in place of /emul/ia32-linux and that
> did not work at all. I guess I have a lot to learn about this library
> stuff.

Maybe try both?

> You must run ldconfig after making the symlinks.

Normally, this should be done automatically at the time you install the
.deb package...

> Still have this error but I suspect it is a another missing lib or
> config file. Can't really figure it out with strace. Will take another
> look.
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

There's some processing done which depends on your language settings
(all the environment variables starting off with "L"). You'd better
check those.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O