aboot failure on pc164

I tried to install Debian on my PC164 (SRM V5.5-1), using netboot (no CD drive currently). Unfortuantely, neither sarge, d-i beta3 nor vorlons daily image does not boot on this machine.

Woody installer (tftpboot.img) netboots fine and seems to work, except actually configuring the network interface (dmesg tells the ioctls return insufficient buffer space). This was mainly an excercise to see that the hardware is working. It's DEC TGA, DEC 21140, NCR 53c875 with 2 disks but that's probably unimportant.

List archives suggest there might be a problem with aboot that not all machines in d-i docs are not actually supported. Is the problem with pc164 known? I could test different netboot images 2-3 times a week on this machine.

P.S. Please CC, I'm not subscribed to debian-alpha. I can read it via a mail2news gw but I don't know how complete the feed is.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)