Re: 2.6.8 on AlphaStation 200

Joakim Roubert wrote:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Jaakko Linnosaari wrote:
c-partition has traditionally been reserved for other purposes.

Ah! I did not know that. Do you know what purposes?

As I've understood it, it has been used for backup. Now it seems it's just referenced as "traditional" way of doing things (http://www.google.com/search?q=bsd+disklabel+%22c+partition%22).

Is it probable that this is causing my problems? Since it has been working
for kernels from 2.2.x to 2.4.x, I get confused.

I don't know. Steve said in earlies post that "This is only relevant on legacy Unix systems." so it might as well not be the source of your problems.

Seems scary; is it possible to do this without causing great harm to the
system and thus need to reinstall like everything?

Yes, it is possible. It's also very easy to mess your disklabel this way...

Jaska