Re: em86

Hello,

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Aaron Baff wrote:

> I don't know which one is the latest, which is better,
> or what. I've tried using alien to install the ones
> from digital.com and linux.org, however the em86-fx
> rpm after it was converted to .deb couldn't be install
> for some weird error. along with all that, are there
> any official debs out there of these?

It is quite hopless, since the em86 binary (from Digital) does not work
with glibc version greater than 2.0. It needs some major hacking and there
does not seem to be enough incentive around to do this if my understanding
is correct.

The last notes I found about work on em86 was there (support for 2.2
kernels, attempt to make it work with glibc 2.1 ...):

http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~donaldlf/em86/

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,

Juhan