Re: CIA machine check?

On Thu 29 Aug 2002, bob wrote:

> Any pointers on how to interpret the following... and whether it had
> anything to do with a crash more than 24hrs later.

May have.

> I've read several different archived posts to various lists and its just
> left me confused as to what exactly is going on:(. I _hope_ that its a
> kernel bug because that means its fixable...

Unfortunately you don't say what kernel version you use...

I got something like this some time ago, and after cleaning out the
totally blocked filter in front of the cooling fan it's over...
So for me it was probably related to overheating. I'm now running
2.4.19-rc2 without any such problems.

Paul Slootman