Re: XFree86 with ATI Radeon 7000?

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 08:45:36AM -0400, Doug Larrick wrote:

> At least with the 3dfx Voodoo 3 in my LX, it is (was?) necessary to
> specify a driver option to not use int10.  Give that a try:

Thanks for the hint.  It certainly seems to have sped up the startup
time for the server.  I downgraded to the standard Debian XFree86 4.1.0
packages, and they work fine.  DRI was a bit problematical - it seems
that DRI doesn't work on this box if the kernel is built for generic
alpha systems - I had to specify LX164 for that to work.

The Radeon framebuffer doesn't seem to work at all - the kernel panics
instantly on boot.  Anyone got that to work?

Tim