Re: Error configuring ssh (3.4p1-2) on Alpha

On Sat 03 Aug 2002, Victor R. Cain wrote:

> I recently switched several Unix machines from woody to sarge.  All went
> well with the x86 boxes, but the Alpha had a problem with ssh.  The
> error message (resulting from dpkg --configure ssh):
>
>   Setting up ssh (3.4p1-2) ...
>   Creating SSH2 RSA keydpkg: error processing ssh (--configure):
>    subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> I'd be glad to try to get more information if someone can tell me what to do.

Hmmm, I can't reproduce this...
Did you already have ssh installed?

My upgrade to 3.4p1-2 went fine, and I just tried reinstalling it after
moving my /etc/ssh out of the way, and that went fine too.

Does it happen again if you run dpkg --configure ssh again? Are the
dependencies already installed and configured (esp. libssl0.9.6 and
zlib1g) ?

Paul Slootman