Re: Booting ACP 164 UX -- Success

  Falk> Nicolai Guba <nicolai@jungle.bt.co.uk> writes:

  Nicolai> Now the problem I'm facing is a very dodgy console when using vi

  Falk> Characters only appearing after four keystrokes? That is a ncurses
  Falk> problem. Someone posted a workaround on this list. Recompiling should
  Falk> also work (?).

Indeed.  <masochistic>Quite fun at times</masochistic>  Thanks for pointer.

  >> dselect [dpkg] seems to have problems when unpacking packages
  >> [operation not permitted errors when chown'ing symlinks IIRC]

  Falk> The problem is that with newer kernels, the syscall has been
  Falk> changed. Compile a 2.0.35 kernel with all the patches from the debian
  Falk> alpha kernel package (it includes some pre-36 stuff).

Ahem.  I only have the base system on that Ruffian (ACP 164 UX2).  Where can I
get a 2.0.35 kernel image for that box?  The RedHat image didn't work (RH's
Ruffian Image did not detect my SCSII controller.  *ouch* all my hd's are
SCSII).

Got the initial kimg from gatekeeper.  Any other pointers where I might find a
.35 one for my box?

--
Nicolai P Guba
	BT Labs			GNU