The state of Intel compute/AI packages.

Hello everyone,

I recently switched from AMD GPU to Intel ARC for my Blender and Stable Diffusion work.

Intel compute related packages in Debian are maintained under pkg-opencl-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org. Unfortunately that mailing list is riddled with spam, and from what I can see is not very active. Since the 4 of september intel-compute-runtime package has serious bug that makes it uninstallable with newest compiler: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1051189 That package also is couple solid months behind upstream.

I'm writing about it here to maybe start a discussion whether it would be better to have AI/compute packages from all GPU vendors under the same roof?
My apologies if this question is inapropriate.

Best regards, and thanks for your work,
Jakub Jaszewski