Re: Ubuntu Mantic Import Freeze

Hi!

On 2023-08-15 05:21, Aron Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 7:11 AM Cordell Bloor <cgmb@slerp.xyz> wrote:
>> A. The removal of the assertion that is triggering when gfx906 hardware
>> falls back to gfx900 code objects. The removal of the assertion has been
>> included in rocr-runtime (5.2.3-5) on salsa and is awaiting sponsorship
>> [2]. The Ubuntu 24.04 LTS is probably going to end up shipping with this
>> fallback logic, so I want to ensure it can be used in Ubuntu 23.10 to
>> catch any issues early.
>>

> I've sponsored this to unstable just now, but I only did a test build,
> no functional testing was performed.

A bit tangential: it did trigger testing on gfx1030 in our own CI [1],
but that package doesn't have autopkgtests yet.

(I'm only mentioning this because this just happened to be the first
test triggered without me touching stuff, so the machinery seems to be
working fine.)

>> B. It's probably too late, but it would be nice if Mantic included the
>> rocBLAS tests. The rocBLAS tests are included in rocblas
>> (5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1) on salsa and are awaiting sponsorship [3]. I don't
>> expect then to make it into unstable in time, but it would be a nice
>> surprise if they did. Regardless, the hipBLAS tests will be available
>> on  Mantic, although they don't have as extensive coverage of rocBLAS
>> functionality as the rocBLAS tests themselves.

Checking it out right now.

Best,
Christian

[1] https://ci.rocm.debian.net/packages/r/rocr-runtime/unstable/amd64+gfx1030/