Re: pytorch in the upcoming stable release

Control: tags -1 + help

Hi Mo,

M. Zhou, on 2023-01-10:
> Things has gone out of my expectation ... python 3.11 transition is
> already on the way. I thought the default python version would
> be 3.10, so prepared pytorch 1.12 for the next stable release.
>
> But python 3.11 is another story. The upstream support for 3.11 is
> not fully ready:
> https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch/issues/86566
> 1.13 has preliminary support. Full support is expected for the 1.14
> release which will be many months later.
>
> So I'm sure the next stable release will not ship pytorch due to
> broken python 3.11 compatibility, and my
> personal bandwidth is not enough to rush anything before the freeze.

Thank you for having been able to carry pytorch this far, I mark
the corresponding bug entry accordingly.

If someone looks into this bug, please beware that last time I
did a rebuild of pytorch with the test suite, it required a
rather high-end configuration.

In hope this helps,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da