Re: ASIS, coinstall gnat-10 and 11, deprecate gnatgcc

On 2022-07-12 04:57, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
I suggest that all people who want ASIS in Debian step up to this challenge.

I am in,
however, the proper way to get ASIS for Ada is be to make a libadalang implementation of ASIS interfaces, and we would be glad to contribute in this way. An important step for the Ada community (and related to the present discussion) is also to build a common vision on the future of the ASIS standard.

@AdaLabs we ported our Morpheus engine (a code analysis and refactoring framework) from ASIS to libadalang successfully, and we also find the libadalang interface more attractive.

Code generation is an important step to be able to increase COTS maintenance efficiency, and libadalang also achieved this goal in a very interesting way.