Re: Planning to remove screader

Hello Mario,

I once wrote screader because there was no screen reader at that time.
At least, I didn't know any such application.
Now adays we have speechd-up and brltty. I use my own jabt for my Alva
Delphi 480. Jabt has braille and speech support.

I imagine nearly nobody use screader anymore.

So it is no problem for me when screader is removed from Debian.

   Regards,

      Jos.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 08:37:27AM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> Hi.
>
> screader has not been maintained upstream since at least 10 years.
> Without someone maintaining the codebase, I think it would be best to
> remove this package.  If you do still use it successfully, please let us
> know.  If no one speaks up, and no one is interested in maintaining the
> screader code, I am going to remove it from the archive in a few weeks.
>
> --
> CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕

   Jos Lemmens