Re: HELP: Debug gnome-speech hang

Hello Mario,

I've just tried orca/upstream 2.17.4 on gnome/sid (2.14.3), with
python-pyorbit/experimental.  AFAIK, gnome-speech didn't hang, but
orca is... very unstable.  Also this page[1] mentions that
synthesis-drivers can hang.

I've installed libgnome-speech3-dev to run test-speech: yes, it hangs
when entering 'all' to choose a locale.  If I put "1" without asking
"all", it finds no voices; if I put "all", it speaks voices specs and
then my CPU tries to burn itself...

Before digging (down...) the ORB, I rather suspect
festival_createSpeaker function defined in
gnome-speech-0.3.10/drivers/festival/festivalsynthesisdriver.c, which
is a callback for GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_createSpeaker called in
gnome-speech-0.3.10/test/test-speech.c.

Did you get the problem with python-pyorbit/sid too ?

HTH

Footnotes:
[1]  http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech

--