new to linux

Hi folks.  My name is Jaffar, A blind computer user from Singapore, and I am a new subscriber to the list.  I have been exploring the posibility of installing linux onto my pc which also has a window box.  I do have a few questions to ask.  First, is there available accessible installation Howtos that deal with the Debian Linux distro?  Second, is debian a very daunting Linux distro to use?  What would the learning curve be like?  Please take into consideration that I am an absolute beginner in Linux, having been brought up in the windows tradition of doing things.  So, a user's guide, a glossary of commands, those sort of things will go a lonng way towards helping me plunge into the linux scheme of things.  cCheers!
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.