Re: Considering to drop debconf support from BRLTTY?

The preferred behaviour would be:

1. Run auto-detection. If this is successful write the results to the
   configuration file, or perhaps instead it should proceed to step 2
   with detection results as the default.

2. Prompt for the braille display type and the port, writing the
   results to the configuration file. The prompt should be a Debian
   dialogue with a list of options.

Now from the mail that started this thread it appears that part 2 is
leading to some worries. Is it inherently complicated, or only that
the current implementation is complicated? If the latter, I would
suggest rewriting it rather than dropping it. I don't understand why
it should be difficult: prompting for information and writing the
results to a configuration file is standard practice in Debian
installation scripts.