Re: Installation on Amiga 1200

On 03/21/2015 02:23 PM, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>  The CompactFlash card that has the Linux root partition on it, which is
>  formatted using ext4, is attached to the Amiga via PCMCIA and does not
>  show up in /proc/partitions.

I'm not sure whether we actually have support in the kernel for storage
devices connected to the Amiga PCMCIA connector. On the Amiga, the
kernel uses a different PCMCIA stack as opposed to x86 machines. Thus,
only a limited number of PCMCIA devices that are supported by the kernel
on x86 are also supported on the Amiga as most PCMCIA device drivers
require the new PCMCIA stack. The drivers for the Amiga's PCMCIA
controller still need to be ported to the new PCMCIA stack.

I recommend just using a larger Compact Flash card or a 2.5 inch IDE
disk drive and install Linux there for the time being.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz