Re: Improving the Aranym image

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

>Perhaps you can you use an emulated serial port?

Wasn’t support for these broken and eventually removed from Linux/m68k?

>As UML can use networking without any setup on the host using slirp,
>it should be possible to do that with ARAnyM, too.

Probably.

The default instructions, which I mostly inherited from Wouter,
however assume a tun/tap network plus masquerading, i.e. no
existing firewall setup. “Cannot find device "eth0"” usually is
a sign for that you don’t have the permissiong on the tun/tap
device node (tunctl_user in /e/n/i, and one of the packages
listed ensures they’re really honoured, forgot which one).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.