Re: Relocation of Elgar to FU Berlin

Hello!

On 05/26/2013 02:03 PM, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
I'm glad to announce that Elgar will relocate next Saturday to its new hosting site at Physics Department of FU Berlin.
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz will pick up Elgar in Rostock and take it to Berlin, so he'll be the first contact for on-site remote hands. ;-)

elgar has now been relocated to the physics department of Freie
Universitaet Berlin in Berlin, Germany.

Currently, elgar is still shut down and will require some maintenance
first. I am planning to perform the following:

- replace all missing or worn screws with new ones
- replace all missing Zorro slot covers in the case
- replace the system disk with a new 250GB or 500GB drive
- replace the backup battery of the clock
- replace broken or missing connectors
- replace the CPU fan which is stuck
- check and replace case/PSU fans if necessary
- clean and dust the case and keyboard

I plan and hope to have elgar up and running by Friday or
earlier. It will now be hooked up directly to the internet
through an Ethernet connection (symmetric).

Cheers,

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz