Re: gcc done, eglibc problem

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Well, I came to that. I guess any minimum kernel larger than
> what’s currently in the archive (2.6.29) would work (for us)
> if this didn’t appear there.

I did some tests, and it seems that you can avoid the problem with
libc_MIN_KERNEL_SUPPORTED = 2.6.16
Higher minimum versions don't work without patching.

> (FWIW, I kept disable-sanity.)

I never needed to disable the sanity checks except for linuxthreads.
They are there for a reason, so better not to disable them.

> So I suppose there’s more patching required

It would be desirable to take this opportunity to drop the compatibility
cruft from libc, and that requires the patch. But the patch isn't upstream
yet. I never got around to sending it.

Finn