Memory vs CPU requirements

[Please CC me, thanks]

Hi,

the current Octaviz packages build around 1000 object files from C++
code. This takes about an hour on my 3GHz machine and I think you know
better than I what that means for m68k buildds.

Now, I would like to change the build system such that the .cc files are
concatenated and only about 10 object files are built. On my current
system, this halves the build time. The problem is that memory
requirements go through the roof (I think you need more than 500 MB
Ram).

So, the question is simple: would this change help you or actually make
things worse for smaller buildds?

	Thomas