Re: Coldfire exlerator card

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 09:36:14AM -0700, DataZap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this isn't too off topic for this list.

Not really.

> Anyway, my first question is, how far along are you in porting to the
> Coldfire processor?

Not very. Grokking the compiler is my major hurdle right now.

> Secondly, I have been on the list for Coldfusion project and it looks
> like there will be a problem running Amiga OS on the Coldfire, if the
> coldfire is the only cpu.

Can you give some more detail? It's always interesting to see what other
people are running into.

> Because of this, people may lose interest in the project, but I think
> that all the work that has been done could still help people who are
> going to be running other OSes on it (like maybe LINUX).

Sure, that could always be cool. Note that you can already run Linux on
ColdFire -- just not Debian.

> Since I don't want this project to die, I am trying to get support
> anywhere I can. Would anyone be interested in buying one of these
> cards to run Debian on them?

I already have a coldfire board, but perhaps someone else...

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22