Re: installing etch on atari

Hi there,

[ \me resurfacing from the backlog of a week's worth of unread mails ]

> First I tried compressed then uncompressed. Same results. kernel 2.2
> works but doesn't recognize EtherNEC oder EtherNAT. 2.4 and 2.6 freeze
> after refreshing the screen (switching screen from TOS to Linux).

2.2 never got the EtherNEC driver ported, IIRC. The EtherNAT still hasn't
got its driver written, for lack of time and platform-driver savvy on my
part, mainly. (I've started on the driver but it still panics in relation
to either the generic platform driver support, or improper memory mapping
of the EtherNAT. I've succeeded in detecting the device, though.) My
Falcon had a bit of trouble with flaky hardware so I pulled the EtherNAT
out some time ago ...

2.4.30 is what I use all the time, with the EtherNEC driver as a module.
I'll send you a copy of that kernel along with a modules tarball to test.

2.6 worked OK (2.6.18 and 2.6.19 from my development tree, that is) with
IDE; I haven't tried SCSI yet. EtherNEC again, with EtherNAT being hacked
on.

All of my 2.4 and 2.6 patches necessary to run the Falcon should be in
Christian's kernels, so I'm at a loss to explain your problems. But
testing another kernel isn't that much more effort :-)

	Michael