Re: [Debconf-team] Slot length and regularity (was: Report from the talks team)

also sprach Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> [2014-09-22 19:33 +0200]:
> > We didn't really have them at DC14 and it sort of just worked out.
> > In the end, the video team will probably be able to resolve any
> > problems (e.g. people overrunning) on the spot, and we don't really
> > need to introduce people, do we?
>
> We didn't? There certainly was a sign-up for it, and nobody came to me
> declaring need for talk-meisters in the rooms. In each of the sessions I
> attended, there *was* at least one person monitoring and coordinating the
> talk.

Sorry, this was not a complaint at all. I got up two times to
kickstart a session, introducing the speaker. But in general, I was
happy that there was not so much of "Please welcome Jane, she will
talk about Foo… Hi, my name is Jane, I will talk to you about Foo
today" at DC14.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org