Re: [Debconf-team] [rmayorga@debian.org: Summit - Propose a event form fields]

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:45:09PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Sorry for the delay; it seems no one else has had a chance to get this done
> in my absence, so it's waited on me to find the time to work on it.  I've
> implemented the described changes, except for the license list box - since
> René's last message on this subject left open the possibility that we did
> not want this field at all.

> Do we want to have a license field, and if so, what should the options be?
> It's easy enough to implement code-wise, I just need the talks team to give
> me direction.

> (FWIW, like Clint I find the exact list of licenses presented strange; we
> certainly don't recommend Artistic License anywhere else, and I don't see
> why someone would choose this for a talk.)

> In the meantime, the current form can be found here:

>   http://dc14-summit-test.dodds.net/debconf14/propose_meeting/

> As soon as the talks team confirms they're happy with the state of this
> form, it's a small change to make this live on the website.

BTW, do we want people to be able to upload their slides to summit?  I know
this hasn't worked the past couple of years in penta, but I also definitely
think this is something that should be fixed; and it should be
straightforward to get this sorted out, given that we have photo uploads
working right already.