Re: [Debconf-team] my "final" analysis of budget before today's meeting

On 2012-11-07 08:40, Richard Darst wrote:
Le camp won't bankrupt us.  Even under the worst projections, we can
simply reduce the number of sponsored attendees, which reduces the
food cost.  At worst case (not that it would be here), we could pay
only the forfait, and have a number of attendees trending to zero
and keep our expenses to the ~70000--80000 range.  Clearly, this is
not a good since it mean spending a lot of money for not much gain.

That also assumes that people agree in advance to limit the number of (sponsored) attendees to the numbers that the budget says are possible.

(That may seem obvious, but I wanted to mention it explicitly as previously we weren't always very good at keeping the budget from expanding faster than fundraising happened.)

--
Moray