Re: [Debconf-team] Talk scheduling and eating/venue hours

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 23:38:58 -0400, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 06:24:51PM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>
> >  and i think we need to acknowledge that some people will be in the
> > cafeteria during some of the scheduled events.
>
> I haven't seen this anywhere yet, so one question I have is:
>
> How many people go to a talk at _every_ slot, vs how many go to some
> talks and hang out in hacklabs/doing other things for a large part of
> the day?

Some people never make it to a talk, spending all their time in
hacklabs, or doing volunteer stuff.  The availability of Live Video
means that some people will continue hacking while keeping an eye on a
talk by having it playing on their desktop, which might tend to
synchronise their timing with the talks -- if we've got WiFi coverage
where we eat, of course, people can keep watching as they eat, if they
feel like it.

I'm afraid I've no idea on percentages though, and it will vary from
speaker to speaker (so I guess we should try to cluster minority
interest talks around food time, if there's a choice).

Cheers, Phil.