Re: [Debconf-team] Talk scheduling and eating/venue hours

On 07/08/2010 06:49 PM, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> How about, rescheduling M:
>
> * move pre-lunch events 30 minutes earlier and add 1 slot (start at
> 9:30, end at 12:30), move post-luch events 1 hour earlier (start at
> 14:00) and DO NOT have the half hour break from 16 to 16:30 (end at
> 18:00).   This means 7 slots instead of the current 6 (3 in the
> morning 4 in the afternoon).

Just to be clear, my understanding of rescheduling M leaves a 30-minute
gap for "lunch" time, with no other gaps during the day.

This sounds like a grueling schedule for the video-team (not to mention
other folks), but i'm willing to entertain it if people are interested.

> I have no idea what exactly that break was for, but taking into
> account the closing hours, the dinner hours and everything, I think it
> could be better to just do without it.  I might be wrong and there
> might be a very strong reason for it.  I just wanted to throw in a
> possibility.

I don't have a strong argument for the break, other than that four
contiguous hours of talks sounds exhausting, and it might be nice to
have a bit of scheduled downtime where you could follow up on things
with other participants without feeling like you were keeping them from
being at another session.

I've never been to a debconf before, though, so i don't know if this is
really relevant to other folks' experience of past conferences.

What do other people think?

	--dkg