Extra switches and network cable

Hi,

In case we need more switches I can easily borrow some from work. We
recently moved to a new building and bought new switches to replace several
older ones in the machine room.

This is what we have available:

amount  model              type                 height (rack units)
5       Baystack 450-24T   24-port 100Mbit/s    2U
1       Intel something    16-port 100Mbit/s    1U
2       HP Procurve 4000M  40-port 100Mbit/s    5U
1       HP Procurve 4108GL 30-port 1000Mbit/s   5U

We can also get one Baystack 5510-48T (48-port 1000Mbit/s, 1U) if we need,
but they'd prefer to loan some from the list mentioned above.

The HP Procurve 4000 series models are big and noisy, Baystacks more
reasonable but not silent either.

We can also get a lot of CAT-5 cables from the old machine room (used, some
CAT-5, some CAT-5e, different lenghts and colors) if we need. The networking
crew just reminded me that they _don't_ want those cables back. ;)

Should I arrange to pick up some on Friday? If yes, which switches and how
many cables? They're unavailable during the weekend because I don't have
access to the machine room.

Cheers,

AJT

P.S. I also asked if we have a spare disk server (around 1-2 TB) to
compensate for the small disks in the HP servers. No answer to that yet.

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info