WLAN standards (was: intel)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:49:09 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

the smökki is a very big room which we will rent 24/7 for the
duration of the event. since the absolute majority of the users
will come with wifi notebooks and we can expect most of them to
have 11g...

 At the Debian-edu gathering in Nafplion, Greece, a few weeks ago,
we saw that many attendants had wifi cards that only supported 11b.
So unless you want to cause a lot of grief, you should revise that
assumption.

--
Herman Robak