Re: Tickets for HSR train from Taoyuan to Hsinchu

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 08:07:36PM -0700, delib@emailgroups.net wrote:
>On Thu, 26 Jul 2018, at 19:55, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> The HSR from Taoyuan isn't classed as I'm familiar (standard, first, etc)
>> but it's divided into 'Reserved Seating' and 'Unreserved Seating' cars. The
>> NT$125 ticket advised is for unreserved, which can be quite busy (I had to
>> stand and it was pretty crowded, I think my suitcase annoyed a local). It's
>> probably worth the extra money for a reserved ticket even though it's only
>> a short journey.
>
>We are hearing that you may need to stand when first boarding. But
>many get on and off at each stop, so seats will open up. Rush hours
>may differ.

Nod. I ended up standing for my ride from Taoyuan to Hsinchu. It was 1
stop, ~12 minutes. If I'd been quicker at joining the queue on the
platform I'd have got a seat. No major problem for me. Instead, I got
to stand right next to the AC vent and that was nice.

I did see people happily offering up seats for those in need when I
got on. Thoroughly pleasant all-round.

/me wishes we had such good trains in the UK, for the same price. :-(

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.