Re: ♥ Consensus & temperature settings (Re: warmer hacklabs)

At 2018-07-25T16:39:40+0100, Wookey wrote:
> On 2018-07-25 22:49 +0800, Thomas Kuiper wrote:
>
> > btw I never turn off aircons at night... recooling those walls next day would take more energy.
>
> Physics suggests that this is extremely unlikely to be true, unless
> there is something very non-linear about the cooling system.

Everything about heating and cooling is non-linear except for Charles's
Law.  :D

Shock depressurization of the dorms would be effective but (1)
unpleasant for anyone inside, and (2) infeasible to implement.  :P

Looks like the weather in Taiwan (high heat, high humidity) is not too
different from that in Raleigh, North Carolina, so I won't pack anything
special.

See everybody soon!

--
Regards,