Re: Hotel recommendation near by venue

On 2018-07-19 21:30, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>> There's also a great Japanese restaurant 十六區壽司屋 just near your hotel (only for dinner though). ;-)
> As a gaijin living in Japan, I prefer Japanese restaurants in Japan. I
> had some funny experiences while visiting Taiwan National University ;-)

1. You can trust me that it is great.
2. Your experience doesn't surprise me though, since when in this world is campus food great?
3. Most of the tuna that lands in Japan is fished nearby Taiwan these days... :-)
4. I think you need to refresh your experience... I like both. :P
>> Don't worry you don't have to starve in Taiwan!
> That is indeed something I can 150% support, never had any problem
> getting food there ;-)
>
>> I run the Asia office of registrar Gandi.net in Taipei and can tell you a lot of domain name stories
> Oh, nice, I'm a long term customer of Gandi (although I moved the actual
> server part away to get a decently priced bare metal server, I still use
> Gandi as registrar - maybe you can convince me to return to Gandi ;-)
>
>> (people always underestimate how critical/important domain names / DNS servers are to send emails, point to the right servers...).
> Indeed indeed!
>
>> I'll be the one with the Gandi T-Shirt, if you also want one, email me your size (S,M,L,X,XL) directly and I'll bring it there.
> XL for me!
noted.

>> PS. Debian developers can get heavily reduced rates with us, process is here:
> That is actual very good value, but not for bare metal servers if
> compared to kimsufi. You could do better here. But probably it is all
> about the services. I don't need anything else but an emergency shell.
Yep, I think every vendor has values/disadvantages somewhere!

Thanks,
Thomas