Re: DC18 - Currency

On 07/17/2018 06:23 PM, Peter van Summeren wrote:
> You are so sure.

Yes, quite sure since I am actually traveling a lot and
never had to bring any cash in advance in the past 10
to 15 years. My VISA cards always worked.

> What shall I tell you? Forget it.

I was merely asking what kind of VISA you were talking about
when you said "American kind"? Maybe you are confusing VISA
with a regular Dutch banking card (Maestro)?

VISA and MasterCard are normally accepted world-wide (except
for a few merchants as mentioned before; ATMs always worked
for me), national bank cards like Maestro or the German
"ec-Karte" are not or are very limited.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz