Re: Linux problems

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> > Are you unwilling or unable to understand?
> >
> > you need to use the cue file!
> >

> Of course, what has that to do with anything? Using with cuefile I need
> to use -sao, and if I create with 2336 sectors I assume it will work
> better with "--sectors-2336" although I tried without that as well.

So you like to prove that you are unwilling to learn and that you only
like to repeat the same nonsense you did write already many times before?

Is there a chance that you will read the documentation for cdrecord and the one
for vcdimager?

You do not seem to be interested in a solution but in writing offensive rants
only. Otherwise, you did follow the advise you have been given. Vcdimager
creates a *.cue and a *.bin file. Cdrecord allows you to use cuefile=xxx.bin
to write VCDs correctly.

If you continue to ignore people who like to help you, please do not also repeat
your lies that claim that there is a problem. The only problem I see
is you, because you refuse to follow any advise.

Anything will fail if you operate it against the advise of the documentation!

> >> cdrecord 01.01a31 was current when I tried it.

> >> That support is in the Fedora version as well, which doesn't complain
> >> about using the real name of the device and doesn't need to be run as
> >> root, so can be used on production systems.
> >>

> > This is of course a lie.
> >
> You make these blanket statements... which you you think is untrue, that
> 01.01a31 was current, that the other version I have knows about
> curfile=, that it doesn't pretend to malfunction with real device names,
> or that all software except your has been updated not to need root access?
>
> Surely you don't suggest that any production system would give all users
> root password to run your software?

You continue to write offensive lies!

RedHat did not upgrade cdrecord to a more recent version since more than
2 years. Why do you claim that it supports things that have been added less
than a year ago?

In addition, it seems that you did not learn the UNIX basics: The need to
install cdrecord suid root is the will of Linus Torvalds. But installing
cdrecord suid root will definitely not give the root passwd to all users.

If you like to stay at the childish level that you did use the last days,
please find another playground but reprieve us from your useless rants in this
mailing list.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)