Re: mkisofs aborts but exit value is 0

Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> > > The first computer might not have enough bandwidth for burning and
> > > verifying. Or only a burner, not a burner and a reader. Also, when
> > > trying to ensure that a burned disk is readable in more than one drive,
> > > verifying it in a drive other than the one it was burnt in has been a
> > > good idea since day -1.
> >
> > And how is this related to a filesystem snapshot?
>
> Not, I believe he was talking about checkreading the burnt disks, sorry
> if I misunderstood.

He did make a remark that did not apply in case the backup was made
using filesystem snapshots.

If you use filesystem snapshots, then there is absolutely no difference
between backing up the root FS or backing up /export/home/

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/