Re: Graft-POints with Path-List

Hi,

> If it works, I'll use it.

If it does not work, i count on you to tell me.
(It works for me and my users since two years)

> 	Quick question, though - On the line:
> > /files/file1.vox=/archive/file1.vox
>
> 	On which side of the "=" is the 'original' file, and which is where
>  I want it to end up on the CD? (Look like the left side has where I wanti
> it, right where it *IS* in the filesystem.)

Yes. That's what the f... manual and daily experience sugest :))
man mkisofs :
"
            foo/bar/=../old.lis

       will include the  file  old.lis  in  the  cdrom  image  at
       /foo/bar/old.lis, while

            foo/bar/xxx=../old.lis

       will  include  the  file  old.lis  in  the  cdrom image at
       /foo/bar/xxx.
"
There are more interesting details around that text snippet.

About Mihai Ibanescu's proposal with sed and the shell's restriction
with the number of arguments :
"
       -path-list file
                                            If the argument is
              -, then the list is read from the standard input.
"
So, a pipe like this should work around argument limits :

   sed ... <files.lst | mkisofs ... -path-list - ...

I did not try that myself, though.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas