Issues with growisofs and Optorite DD0405

Hi!

Just installed an Optorite DD0405 in my SuSE 9.1 system. it is able to burn CD-Rs, but I'm having difficulty burning any DVD-Rs (RiDATA 4X CD-R)

I upgraded to growisofs version 5.19-1, but it didn't help this situation. I still end up with a failure, with the program saying that it failed to increase the velocity 0 --> 5507 (or some such number).

Just wondering if others had reported issues with growisofs with respect to the DD0405.

Thanks!

-Greg Stovall