Re: PATH revisited: one PATH to "rule the [Debian] World"

On Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 04:34:42PM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:

[...]

> ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED
>
> While I was experimenting with the desktop settings, I stupidly and blindly
> added an exit line to cut out some 20-year old cruft in the end of the
>  .profile file and all of a sudden I lost my xterms and couldn't find a way
> to edit the broken file [...]

There's always the Linux console, usually to be found at CTRL-F<something>

That <something> tends to vary because the young-uns like to move it
around. For me it's CTRL-F1, but others will chime in on what is fashionable
these days.

Cheers