Re: Hard Drive Question....

Quoting Anthony Landreneau (landrena@idsno.com):
> Greetings,
> 	I know I've seen this addressed before, but for the life of me I can't
> seems to find it, so I will ask the group.  I have several machine, now
> running DOS 6.2. The system BIOS doesn't support large drives, 540MB is the
> max.  I have several 630-1000MB drives and wish to use them on these
> machines then boot the machines up with LINUX.
> 	What do I set the BIOS to in order to correctly partition the drives with
> Linux?  Thanks in advance.

My experience is: do nothing to the BIOS. Just make sure that your kernel
is within the first 540MB/1023 cylinders. This can be achieved by having
/ not too big, or a separate partition for /boot, or, if you need to leave
a small DOS partition, using loadlin from that (i.e. copying the kernel
into C: somewhere).

Cheers,