Re: Help needed in setting up dev-environment

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 06:37:31PM +0530, Ashutosh Pandey wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Ashutosh Pandey and I want to be a part of this year's GSoC program as
> a mentee. I am doing my Bachelor's in Computer Science at ABESIT Ghaziabad,
> India.
>
> I am interested in Dev-Ops and Full-Stack side of things and I have built
> many projects where I have utilized my knowledge.
>
> Now coming to the help part
>
> I'm on a Windows machine and I have WSL enabled I'm using Ubuntu since
> Debian has many packages I would like to contribute to Python and C code.
> and I would prefer to work in my WSL ubuntu distro since it's closer to
> Debian than Windows.
>
>    - Should I set up the development environment on Windows or on WSL?
>    - In both cases(dev environment on Windows or WSL) is there any
>    step-by-step guide for building Debian on Windows or on WSL?

There is a WSL2 Debian version: install that and use that instead of Ubuntu
(or a Windows dev environment).

This should be readily availabe from the Microsoft store. The latest stable
version of Debian is 11.6 at the moment: you should update the Debian you
download by using apt to do so.

Enjoy using Debian.

Andy Cater