Re: CPU (Bios?) Lock with 2.4.12 on OB XE3

On Tuesday, 23. October 2001 15.19, Andy Bastien wrote:
> > I don't have a switch "like" speedstep in my BIOS (Phoenix 4.0)
>
> Somewhere in the CMOS settings there should be a speedstep setting.
> How exactly you get to it varies among laptops, so I can't tell you
> exactly where it is, but if you look around in the power management
> area you should be able to find one.

there is no !! It looks like Phoenix Bios'es are only "tunable" over
Win-Software :(

> If you really don't have a way to turn off speedstep in your CMOS,
> it's going to be a problem.

It looks so :(

>  I suppose you may be able to coax the
> laptop into always running in low-power mode by setting the power
> management to maximum power savings and always booting the laptop from
> a battery, but that's not a very good solution.

I don't have the ability to change power settings of my laptop (look above).
NO chances :((

But there are positive news:
I compiled kernel 2.2.19 from source, and it's running without problems
....(i have at the moment)
--> so there _must_ be a problem in 2.4.12 !!!

Andy
(still waiting, until 2.2.19 crashes too ;)