Re: Modem of notebook hp xe3

Hi,

> I'm a new subscriber of this list. I woul like to know if there's a support
> form te internal modem of the notebook hp xe3. If so, where I could find

Well, I also have a hp xe3 but I haven't played around with it at all.
Last time I looked at linux-laptop.net I read that it is a winmodem, so no
chance, but when I look at the Kde System Control, under Communications
Controller it does appear! (ESS Modem) (I think I saw something about
a Modem in the start messages... I don't know if that means that
it is supported or if it's just because is somewhat linked to the
sound card (great question to the people here ;)). As I said before
I haven't played with it and I don't even know how to configure an
internal modem. I fear this is not of great help. You can always look at
linmodem.org (or similar).

BTW, I have a problem with suspend. Can you suspend the laptop? In that
case do you use apmd or acpid? I have to try this weekend with acpid
because I can't suspend with apmd -s, it returns me a message telling that
there is an Input/Output Error.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Jose Manuel Gomez Claros